Speakers as of March 13, 2023
Opening Remarks / Yoshiaki Honpo
Greetings from the Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste to Japan/H.E. Mr. Ilidio Ximenes da Costa
Keynote Speech 1 / Kazuyuki Takada
Keynote Speech 2 / Atsuro Tsutsumi
Educational Talk / Hannah Pearson
10:03-10:15, March 20
Chief, UNWTO Regional Support Office for Asia and the Pacific
Master of Engineering, Social Engineering,
Tokyo Institute of Technology
1974 Entry into the Ministry of Transport (MOT)
1983-1986 Japan National Tourist Bureau Geneva Office
1988-1991 First Secretary, Permanent Delegation of Japan to OECD
1991 Counselor, Permanent Delegation of Japan to OECD
1992-1993 Director, Cargo Facilities Division, Transport Policy Bureau, MOT
1993-1995 Director, Foreign Shipping Division, Maritime Transport Bureau, MOT
1995-1997 Director, Urban Renewal Division, City Development Bureau, Ministry of Construction (MOC)
1997-1999 Director, Planning Division, Tourism Department, Transport Policy Bureau, MOT
1999-2001 Director, General Affairs Division, Maritime Transport Bureau, MOT*
2001-2002 Deputy Director General, Maritime Bureau and Ports and Harbors Bureau, MLIT
2002-2003 Deputy Director General, Civil Aviation Bureau, MLIT
2003-2004 Senior Vice President, Japan Post
2004-2006 Managing Executive Officer, Japan Post
2006-2007 Senior Managing Executive Officer, Japan Post
2007-2008 Deputy Vice-Minister for Tourism Policy, MLIT
2008-2010 Commissioner, Japan Tourism Agency , MLIT
2010-2015 Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University
2013-2019 Member of the World Committee on Tourism Ethics,UNWTO
2014-2022 Special Adviser, Japan Tourism Agency
2014-2017 Adjunct Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2015-2018 Research Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University
2017-.2021 Visiting Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2016-Present Chief, UNWTO Regional Support Office for Asia and Pacific
2016-Present President, Asia-Pacific Tourism Exchange Center
2018-2023 Visiting Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University
2021-2022 Chairman, Tobu Top Tours Co., Ltd.
2022-Present Treated as Executive Officer of TOBU RAILWAY Co., Ltd
Greetings from the Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste to Japan
10:15-11:20, March 20
H.E. Mr. Ilidio Ximenes da Costa
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
Plenary Speech (Online)
10:20-11:15, March 20
Economical and Financial Advisor to the President of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
Timor-Leste Structural Transformation and
Economic and Financial Advisor
05/2022 – Present
President of the Republic of Timor-Leste
Co-founder and CEO
06/2021 - Present
Consultant-Private Sector Development
01/2021 - Present
Asian Development Bank
09/2020 – 03/2021
UN-ESCAP and UNCTAD
Senior Economic & PFM Advisor and Alternate Governor for AIIB
08/2018 – 12/2020
Ministry of Finance of Timor-Leste .
Vice Minister of Finance
02/2015 – 09/2017
Government of Timor-Leste
07/2011 – 01/2015
Ministry of Finance of Timor-Leste Accomplishment Established macroeconomic working group,
Senior Researcher and Program Development Specialist
03/2005 – 10/2008
USAID: ARD, Inc; DAI; EDC, Inc.
Master of science in economics
Michigan State University (MSU), USA
National University of Timor Loros’ae (UNTL), Timor-Leste
Bachelor degree in agricultural economics
07/2002 – 06/2006
Educational Talk (online)
11:15-11:30, March 20
Regional Director - Asia
Reactivating Travel through Adventure
Where was adventure travel pre-pandemic - and where it is heading to, as tourism starts to recover?
What is the state of the adventure travel industry? Has there been a shift in what adventure travelers expect? How can adventure travel support both communities and the environment?
Hannah Pearson is the Regional Director Asia for the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA). She is also the Director of Pear Anderson, a research and sales representation tourism consultancy specialising in the Southeast Asian and Muslim tourism industry.
Over the past 10 years, Hannah has crisscrossed the region and gained a deep, first-hand insight into the developing trends and potential of adventure travel and the Southeast Asian tourism industry.
At the ATTA, she partners with adventure travel stakeholders to develop the industry across the Asian region through trade and consumer activation, education and adventure events. Hannah also publishes a weekly report tracking the impact of COVID-19 on the SE Asian tourism industry, and co-hosts a podcast, The South East Asia Travel Show.
Hannah has authored reports and whitepapers, and has spoken on numerous occasions at prestigious travel conferences such as Royal Geographical Society’s Annual Conference and ITB Asia. Her work has been featured on BBC World News, Bloomberg, the Straits Times, BFM, Web in Travel, Skift, TTG Asia and Travel Weekly Asia, amongst others
Keynote Speech 1
16:30-17:30, March 20
Professor, Tokyo Denki University
Transformation of Travel Patterns Revealed by Transportation Statistics Data
March 1993, Bachelor of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Civil engineering)
March 1994, Master of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Civil engineering)
March 2000, Dr. of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Civil engineering)
Employment and Work Experience
April 1996-March 2000, Assistant professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology,
April 2000-September 2012, Associate professor, Tokyo Denki University,
October 2012-present, Professor, Tokyo Denki University,
- K. TAKADA, K. MIYAUCHI, Y. TAKANAMI, M. FUJIU: Estimation of the arrival distribution of the railway commuters by applying mixture distributions, JSTE Journal of Traffic Engineering, Vol. 3 (2017) No. 2 p. A_238-A_245.
- K. TAKADA, M. FUJIU, M. OHARA, T. YAMASHITA, Takahiro KONNO: Estimation of Disaster Evacuation Behavior Model using Stated Preference Data, Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 16 (2016) No. 5 Special Issue: Multi-Hazard Disaster Reduction in Megalopolis considering Earthquake and Inundation p. 5_46-5_55.
- K. TAKADA, M. FUJIU, T. KONNO: Consciousness Analysis of Evacuation from Compound Disaster, Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 16 (2016) No. 2 p. 2_12-2_26.
- K. TAKADA, M. FUJIU, M. OHARA, T. YAMASHITA, T. KONNO: Estimation of Disaster Evacuation Behavior Model using Stated Preference Data,Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 16 (2016) No. 5 Special Issue: Multi-Hazard Disaster Reduction in Megalopolis considering Earthquake and Inundation p. 5_46-5_55.
- K. TAKADA, M. FUJIU, S. OZAKI: Behavior Analysis of Returning to His/Her Home in Suburban Area during the 2011 off The Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake, Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. A1 (Structural Engineering & Earthquake Engineering (SE/EE)), Vol. 69 (2013) No. 4 p. I_1053-I_1059.
- K. TAKADA, T. SUZUKI and M. FUJIU: Departure Time Decision considering Delay of Railway Operation, Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. D3 (Infrastructure Planning and Management), Vol. 68 (2012) No. 5 p. I_1071-I_1077.
Keynote Speech 2
15:15-16:15, March 21
Professor and Vice Director, The Frontier Canter for Tourism Science, Kanazawa University
Tourism for All
– Realizing Accessible Tourism with Innovative Technology
2004 The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Medicine (Ph.D. in Health Sciences)
2001 The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Medicine (M.A. in Health Sciences)
1998 International Christian University, Department of Liberal Arts (BA in Liberal Arts)
2021: Present: Professor and Vice Director, The Frontier Canter for Tourism Science,
2020: Professor, Institute of Human and Social Sciences, Kanazawa University
2016: Associate Professor, Organization of Global Affairs, Kanazawa, University
2012: Coordinator and Research Fellow. United Nations University International Institute for
2009: Long-term Expert, Japan International Cooperation Agency
2004: Technical Officer, World Health Organization